| Return to Careers at Polartec |
JOB TITLE: Shift Supervisor - Finishing
REPORTS TO: Finishing Manager
DEPT. NAME: Finishing
DEPT. NUMBER: 3341
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of the assigned department operations: safety, production, and quality, waste, on time delivery, communication, and employee relations.
- Documents in a clear and thorough manner to Management on a daily basis about department operations.
- Audits processes for quality issues and non-conformances to departmental and company policies.
- Solicits ideas and suggestions from associates on methods to improve the process.
- Responsible for documenting and administering disciplinary actions.
- Supervises union Finishing and related personnel.
- Monitors performance to department goals and communicates to associates results.
- Performs constant tours to insure safety and security of personnel and equipment; document/communicate safety problems and assures resolution of safety problems.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or candidate for degree or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years experience in a supervisor role; working in manufacturing and/or with a union desirable.
- Ability to motivate others in continuous improvement.
- Computer skills required.
UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED
To apply for this job email firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE REFERENCE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Please also attach your resume in the email, and if you prefer to include your Invitation To Self-Identify, which is voluntary, you can download the form here and attach it in the email as well.
Equal Opportunity Employer